Monday, March 21, 2011

Here We Go!

I decided that with all the tasty yummy recipes that I make and feed my family, It would be a shame to not share them with you. Not all the recipes that I post are my own. I get them from somewhere, whether it is from a friend a family member or just off the internet. I want you to all enjoy the delicious food that we are eating. Heck I may even post things that We didn't really care for. that is if it was hard to make or what not.


This is our toaster oven. It is awesome. We use it all the time, and the feature that we use the most...the rotisserie. My mom gave us this for Christmas. Thanks Mom


Yep that is a raw chicken. we have seasoned it with some chicken seasoning and now it is getting ready to be roasted. The max size that the rotisserie will take is 5 pounds. you can find a bird for around 4-5 dollars at that size, and if you want you can get them for even cheaper if you buy them in 2 packs.


Here we have put the skewer through the bird so that we can put it in the oven and let her spin.


You have to tie the bird up. It keeps her centered in the oven, and so she doesn't wobble around and let her wings flap. You use all cotton string. we got a large spool of it at Family Dollar for a buck.


she has been cooking for about a half hour here


that's my husband he wants to know if the bird is done yet. He is looking forward to having a tasty bird for dinner.


she has been cooking for about an hour here



Ahh sweet satisfaction. She is done. and let me tell you. better than any bird that you will buy already cooked for you at various grocery stores. Maybe the satisfaction is because we put all the easy labor in to it or maybe it was because she was fresh. but this way we are able to guarantee that she is up to temp and we loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment